One of the world’s largest retailers needed to replace its existing legacy storage and decided to implement Hadoop and the Cloud (Microsoft Azure) so it could use a second disaster recovery data center for compute workloads. It needed a solution that would enable the movement of active, critical data between primary and disaster recovery sites and the Cloud with no downtime and no business disruption.
The retailer found WANdisco LiveData Platform was the only enterprise-grade solution that could move large volumes of critical data and upgrade its systems seamlessly, whilst maintaining strict service level agreements across its disaster recovery operations.
- WANdisco LiveData Platform was implemented across two data centers and Microsoft Azure
- Replication is completely automated
- Reduced server hardware requirements by approximately 50% as disaster recovery sites are now used for compute workloads
- Upgrades and server relocation is seamless
- During the implementation, there was no change in the retailer’s ability to capture and analyze customer data from its stores and website.