Envestnet | Yodlee
Envestnet | Yodlee is the leading data aggregation and data analytics platform powering dynamic, cloud-based innovation for digital financial services. The Envestnet | Yodlee platform has proudly fueled innovation for financial institutions (FIs) and FinTech for more than 20 years ultimately helping consumers get better lending rates, lower fees, higher returns, and more. Envestnet | Yodlee are the market leader in financial data aggregation, partnering with more than 1,200 financial institutions and FinTech innovators, including 15 of the top 20 U.S. banks, enabling a massive data network associated with tens of millions of consumers who use platform-related personalized apps and services. The power of Envestnet | Yodlee and their unique point of difference begins with the massive scale of financial data within the platform, which is utilized to fuel their data intelligence capabilities.
Envestnet | Yodlee, was using Cloudera’s CDH 4.4 for its Big Data environment. The environment handled over 2,000 jobs daily with over 1,000 customizations. They wanted to upgrade to CDH 5.7 but found an in-house upgrade was too risky due to the level of customizations and the risk of downtime. Envestnet | Yodlee evaluated several leading market solutions for an external upgrade service.
Envestnet | Yodlee found that WANdisco's technology platform was the only solution that would enable an upgrade with no downtime and no business disruption. WANdisco’s patented technology ensured Envestnet | Yodlee’s existing CDH 4.4 environment stayed fully operational during the upgrade to CDH 5.7 enabling the validation of all existing customizations so thorough testing could be done prior to their going live.
“We deal with over 80 million financial transactions a day with over 20 million active users. Our customers expect their data to be accurate and always available. WANdisco was the only solution that made this possible when we upgraded to a new version of our Cloudera production system. WANdisco's technology works flawlessly on Cloudera. It was a very stress-free process.”
Jeff Schulte, Vice President of Operations at Envestnet | Yodlee
- Simple and intuitive setup
- Support was readily available when required
- Over 200TB of data was replicated in a couple of days
- CDH 4.4 environment remained fully operational during the upgrade to CDH 5.7, enabling Envestnet | Yodlee to test applications in parallel in both environments
- Hive Metastore replication was performed at DB level, table level and for multiple tables
- Disaster recovery cluster is now in fully active read/write mode enabling Envestnet | Yodlee to scale their deployment with existing hardware for major costs savings